THE ONLY PLACE IN CANADA TO PRACTICE THE TRUE ART OF KARATE
If you are seeking the opportunity for your child or yourself to learn the art of Karate from one of the best and most experienced Master’s in the world; you can find this in the city of Vaughan, Ontario.
The Karate Academy offers the chance to learn and practice with a Master possessing the following experience:
Shihan (Master) Enrique Daniel Welcher
Shihan (Master) Enrique D. Welcher was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina. He completed his primary schooling and graduated from a professional high school in Buenos Aires. He attended Buenos Aires University from 1982 – 1988, where he studied law.
Shihan Welcher began practicing the art of karate in when he was 14 years old. He has been practicing karate, Shorin-Ryu style, for 44 years. He served as a karate instructor in Buenos Aires for several years, before moving to Israel. From 1993 to 1995, Shihan (Master) attended the State Wingate Institute in Netanya City, Israel, and was certified as a karate instructor.
Wingate Institute is Israel’s National Center for Physical Education and Sport.
Shihan Welcher has spent 40 years teaching karate, kobu-do and self-defense. He trained and developed many students at various levels. More than 90 of his students have become champions in Israeli competitions.
One of the most outstanding accomplishments of Shihan Welcher has been to develop special education programs, which are utilizing martial arts, to improve communication skills, coordination and motor skills for children with disabilities and various disorders. Those benefiting from these programs have been children and young adults who are profoundly deaf or have hearing impairments, are blind, motor skill challenged, have Down syndrome, autism, or epilepsy, to name a few.
Special Accomplishments and Positions Held
- Developed the Israeli Krav – Hagana, self-defense system.
- National Canadian Karate Selection Team, Coach (CKA – WUKO).
- National United States of America Karate Selection Team, Coach (USAKKF) till 2011.
- National United Mexican States Karate Selection Team, Coach (OLAKA), in USA till 2011.
- National Israeli Karate Selection Team, Coach of IKU (Israeli Karate Union), till 2009.
- Founder of Shorin Ryu Shidokai Karate School in Canada.
- Founder of Shorin Ryu Shidokai Karate School in Israel.
- Directing Committee Member of WUKO (World United of Karate Organizations).
- Official International Referee WUKO (World United of Karate Organizations).
- Official representative and Head of the Canadian Branch of the International “Shidokai” Association, Okinawan Shorin Ryu Karate-Do.
- Author of “Success Is in Your Hands”, a book about positive contribution of martial arts to an individual and to the society.
Degrees and Awards
- World Karate Champion of WUKO (World Union of Karate-Do Organizations), Veterans Category, in Valencia, Spain, June 2007.
- Won 2nd place at the World Championship of WUKO (World Union of Karate-Do Organizations), Veterans Category, in Fortaleza, Brazil, June 2005.
- Certified Karate Instructor from State Wingate Institute, Israel’s National Center for Physical Education and Sport, Netanya Israel.
- Certified 9th Dan of the Israeli Krav Hagana Union (IKHU).
- Certified 8th Dan of WUKO (World Union of Karate-Do Organizations).
2012 – CKA National Canadian Karate Selection Team, Coach (Canadian Karate and Krav – Hagana Association).
2010 -2011: USAKKF National United States of America Karate Selection Team, Coach (United States of America (USA) Karate-Do, Martial Arts and Krav Hagana Foundation).
2010 -2011: OLAKA, WUKO National Karate Selection Team, Coach (United Mexican States Karate Organization OLAKA), in USA.
1995 – 2009: School of Israeli Marine Cadets (The Israel Nautical College), Akko, Israel Instructor-in-charge of self-defense courses; Coach of the College Karate Selection Team.
2006 – 2009: IKU non-profit organization, government approval #580284552, Israel.
National Israeli Karate Selection Team; Coach (Israeli Karate Union).
2009 – Contributing to the special needs community (Cohav Center, “The House in the Woods” hostel) – Israel.
1997 – 2005: Shuri-Te IKU (Israeli Karate Union), non-profit organization, government approval # 580284552, Israel.
Contributing (volunteer position): Chief instructor, National Israeli Karate Selection Team; Coach, Israeli Karate Union.
1999 – 2003: ITKF (International Traditional Karate Federation), National Israeli Karate Selection Team; Coach.
1999 – 2000: Kiriat Hinuh – Police High School, Maalot, Israel.
Instructor-in-charge for self-defense courses; Coach of the College Karate Selection Team.
1999 – 2000: Regavim – Professional School for children with special needs, Haifa, Israel
School for children with various disabilities including deafness, hearing impairments, motor skill challenged, Down syndrome.